Sunday, October 30, 2011

Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone.

So my lovely wife has been out of town for the last couple days. Its kinda crazy how used you get to always having the love of your life by your side all of the time. When they leave it all feels off, like trying to everything left handed. Its embarrassing how drastically the overall quality of my life has decreased the last several days. The following are some examples of what has happened to me during my wife's absence. 
  • I haven't shaved for the last five days. It does not look pretty. I either look like a wimpy lumberjack or a gay caveman. 
  • My dietary intake is atrocious. Yesterday I ate two Fiber One bars for breakfast (regretted that later), chicken nuggets and a frosty from Wendy's for lunch, and some string cheese for dinner. 
  • I couldn't sleep the first night Bre left town. Its crazy how used you get to sleeping with someone beside you. I tried laying down a body pillow beside me in bed but decided that was just too weird. I resorted to playing video games till 3 o'clock in the morning. By that time I was adequately delusional with fatigue to convince myself that the body pillow idea really wasn't that weird and that I should run with it. I slept like a baby.
I loved my wife with all my heart before she left town. But that love has only been enhanced with her absence. It's true, your really don't know what you got till it's gone.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, it's so true. When we first got married it was hard to sleep with someone else in the bed. Now I always feel off when I have to sleep without Matt next to me. I guess it's all about what you're used to. :)

    ReplyDelete